Thursday, November 5, 2015

Running Streak - Day 4

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I really have no plan.  Normally, I have a plan for everything, but I don't have one right now.  I downloaded an outseason training plan from Garmin; it's scheduled in my calendar and is not due to start until November 16, but I'm not sure whether I want to use it or not.  If I decide to do a spring marathon, the plan for that would start on February 7, 2016.  (It's also already in my Garmin calendar.  See, I like plans.)  My mindset right now is that the best thing for me to do is just run.  And today, run I did...

Today the legs felt stiff at the start, but this time the feeling didn't pass.  In fact, I started feeling different little aches and pains throughout the run.  Since I have (sadly) so much experience re-starting after long lay-offs, I recognize them as my body's way of putting everything back in its rightful spot.  I'll be fine.  Since I picked up running again in 2006, I have never been injured from a repetitive use injury.  A couple of turned ankles and a strained knee from stepping in a pothole, mind you, but I classify them as accidents.  As for the run itself, I went a little longer and a little faster than yesterday, and it felt great.  I didn't want to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment