Monday, November 16, 2015

Running Streak - Day 15

It was an absolutely terrific run at lunch.  I had planned to start Day 1 of an out-season training plan I selected from Garmin Connect, but my FR310XT was full of workouts from other plans.  In the absence of a plan, freestyle is the way to go.  The weather was glorious.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky, but the wind was chilly.  In a long sleeve tech shirt, vest and shorts, I was fine in the sun, but the shade was cold; therefore, I chose the sunniest route out of downtown.  For shoes,  I pulled out my Newton Distances for a change.  I don't know why I don't run in them more; I really like them. They are going into the rotation on a regular basis.

I felt really light on my feet.  The sluggishness I was experiencing at the beginning of the streak has disappeared, and I am now starting to feel like I have more than one speed.  I kept my pace higher, but my HR didn't go through the roof - a good sign.  I was more than a little surprised when I looked at the summary after the run.  I had gone further and faster than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment